Unlike bananas, toilet paper, your morning coffee and gas for your car, a propane tank is not a purchase that you are regularly making. You might be wondering, “Where do I start?” Our team of experts have compiled an easy-to-follow list on how to buy the perfect propane tank for you. Check out the article below.
1. Know your propane tank needs. The first step is to know why you need a propane tank. This will narrow your search. Common uses for propane tanks are barbeques, mixed heating systems, heating homes, powering appliances, or agricultural and commercial uses.
2. Determine your propane tank size. This step will be easy if you complete step 1. The size of a propane tank is very much determined on your propane tank needs. Common sizes of propane tanks include:
- 5lb or 10lb Cylinder (Camping, Boating)
- 20lb Cylinder (BBQ)
- 30lb Cylinder (Travel Trailer)
- 450 Lt Tank (Fireplace, Garage or Shop)
- 1892 Lt Tank (Whole House Heating and Hot Water)
3. Buy local from experts. We recommend buying your propane tank from a local, high-quality seller. Typically, if you can find a distributor who specializes in propane tanks and fuels, you can hire them to also refill your propane tank. An expert can also help you determine what tank is best for your needs, what size to get, and where to install your tank.
Here at Collingwood Fuels, we have been in the fuel service industry for over 40 years. Our team of trained experts can help you with all of your propane tank needs. Give us a call today to learn more!